Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas Fun!

We've been busy enjoying our Christmas season!!! I just love this time of year, but it goes by way too fast!!




A couple weeks ago we put up our tree...Kenzie loved helping!! :)


We were suppose to put the tree up right after Thanksgiving but I came down with some nasty bug and was in bed for almost 5 days....so Kenzie had to patiently wait! Every day I thought I would feel better the next day so I would tell her we'll put up the tree tomorrow but it didn't happen! When I was finally feeling better we realized the tree got wet in the flood so we weren't expecting any of the lights to work. Turns out only the middle lights worked...I really didn't want to postpone this any further so we just added a string of lights to the top and bottom! :) It works for us! :)


Kenzie even did a little "happy dance" after she hung ornaments.... :)







A couple weeks ago we went to the craft fair at the elementary school....kenzie painted some ornaments for our tree! :)



We were quite surprised to be met by "Jingle" our Elf the other morning! Kenzie loved my nieces' Elf on the Shelf and talked about it a lot so I think Santa sent another one of his elves this way! :) This elf is actually my mom's old elf that she would always put out when we were younger as decoration! :) But of course, to Kenzie this elf watches her everyday to see if she's being good or naughty and reports back to Santa every night! Kenzie loves getting up every morning to find Jingle! :)



Painting...




Abbie & Kenzie after story time at the library...
They made "winter people"



On Saturday Kenzie & I took a little trip to Oneonta for a little college reunion/holiday party with my old suitemates!! :) Before we went Kenzie & I went shopping for the ingredients for chicken wing dip....



(she loves these mini carts so much!! and I think it's the cutest thing watching her "shop")




We had quite the holiday party with 7 kids 7 and under!! :) They were all very well behaved and they all had so much fun!!



Seriously, look how cute they all are... Kenzie & Ayana had so much fun spinning each other in this chair. They took turns spinning each other and then of course Pups had to have a turn! :)


I tried so hard to get a good picture of the 2 b/c they were both laughing so hard but they just wouldn't stay still long enough!!

Kenzie wanted me to take a picture of her on this horse.

Lookin pretty before church!
And...with all this holiday fun some of us just can't stay up until bedtime! :)


2 comments:

Emily said...

How fun! I love the tree and the winter people! Can't wait to get together for the holidays. Glad you are feeling better:) Kisses to Kenz!

Nataly said...

Didn't know you were sick sorry to hear glad you're better. Also those mini carts are so cute! Are they specifically for kids?