Friday, December 16, 2011

More Christmas Fun :)

I can't believe Christmas is almost a week away!! How crazy!! I love Christmas but I love Christmas time too....so I always find it sad how fast it goes!


Last night we went to the Polar Express at our library!

I remembered from last year that a lot of the kids were in their pjs.....so Kenzie was very excited to wear her Christmas jammies! :)


I tried to take a picture before we left b/c she looked so cute but Kenzie just decided to make funny faces instead of smiles...


(her legs don't even look like they belong to her here....not sure how she's sitting)

The Polar Express "conductor" was actually 1/2 hour late so a woman who works in the library had to read the story....but the kids didn't seem to mind at all! :)

After the story they enjoyed some cookies and hot chocolate....and Santa! :)

Santa showed up to say hi.....but Kenzie was not having it! She wouldn't even go near him!

I blame the hot cocoa (and maybe the 2 hour nap she took with daddy during the day!) for this "show" Kenzie put on well past 8pm!! I haven't seen this girl so hyper in a long time....I think she was a little excited about Christmas too! :)



Today I had to finish up some shopping and we decided to take Kenzie along to see Santa at the mall b/c she told me yesterday she was going to "talk to the Santa at the mall"! Well actually we decided to take her b/c she needed a flu shot, but that's not Christmasy or fun so it doesn't go with this post! :) So after the flu shot we headed over to the mall....she was very excited to talk to Santa and sit on his lap!! I wasn't going to push a picture on his lap so I was very excited that it was her idea! She told us what she was going to ask for...she was very excited....

...until it was her turn....then she turned into the worlds strongest 3 year old....she had a hold on Jeff's legs and would. not. let. go! She wouldn't talk, wave or even look at Santa!
...but she was very happy to pose in front of baby Jesus! :)



I guess a flu shot and Santa is too much for one day... Later on (after she changed into one of her "uniforms"....purple leggings! She loves picking out her outfits now...if we are going somewhere I usually have to quickly pick out her outfit before she gets the chance to b/c I know once I hear her drawers opening she is picking out her own outfit and it's going be a struggle!) we went for a little walk around the town to see Christmas lights...she loves this Snoopy! :)

1 comment:

Emily said...

How fun! Love all of the Xmas attire and the boots too! Let me know what day works for us to come out and see the clan for Xmas!