Monday, January 26, 2009

Makenzie update...

This past week was a pretty relaxed week. On Monday I took Makenzie for her 6 month check up (a little early). This was the 1st appointment with her new doctor! After getting lost trying to find the building we finally made it...the doctor is very nice and seems to be very thorough but it definitely made me miss her pediatrician in Queens! I guess I just love her old doctor b/c it reminds me of Makenzie as a newborn! I'm hoping the doctor likes us after our appt b/c Kenzie decided she couldn't hold her pee pee any longer & had a little accident when the doctor was carrying her (without a diaper on!). OOPS! hehe anyway...Kenzie is a healthy 15.3 pounds!

Tomorrow I start working! I have been waiting for my fingerprints to clear (I will be substitute teaching). I am happy to be working and have my mom babysit but sad to leave Kenzie! Thinking back at this last month at home with her I realize that out of the 24 hours in the day, she sleeps for about 12 and the other 12 I have her in my arms! I realized at church yesterday when I dropped her off at the nursery that she definitely needed to spend some time away from Mommy when she would not let anyone else hold her! After only 5-10 minutes the nice women in the nursery paged me to come back!

Here are some pics from the past week...

I thought she looked so sweet napping with her hand covering her face
Abbie would not take her eyes off the big flower!! (Maybe b/c it was her headband and Makenzie didn't ask to borrow it!?!)


Update on the swaddling dilemma...


Kenzie started out great with one arm out of her swaddle....after about 5 days with one arm out I tried both arms out with her body still wrapped up tight & that worked out well...now we are sleeping without any swaddle!!! She was always a very good sleeper but now she has times when she wakes up crying and of course I give in and swaddle her but overall she has mastered the art of sleeping like a big girl!! Congrats Kenzie! :) Here are some pics to prove it...



**Kenzie has also started sitting up on her own! She's still a little wobbly so I put her boppy behind her but she's getting better everyday!!**

1 comment:

Emily said...

YAY, new pics! I love the flower in her hair. Good luck tomorrow with teaching!