Monday, June 13, 2011

Big Girl Bed & Bike!

Well, I think our baby girl has grown up a few years over the weekend!
Sunday night Jeff & I decided it was time to say goodbye to Kenzie's crib....and hello to a big girl bed! At first (a couple weeks ago) I told Kenzie about a big girl bed and she did not seem to like the idea (I don't think she's a fan of change!). I've been getting her excited the past week and it worked....she was sooo excited for her own big girl bed!!


The first night I was anxious to see how she would do...and she did great! No problems...went to sleep (with Daddy on the floor but that's not any different than when she was in a crib!) and stayed asleep until the AM! In the morning she even forgot she could get out by herself and called for me! :)




On Monday I came into her room and saw her reading her books on her bed! Made me think of a tiny little teenager! But instead of a reading a book about bugs she'll probably be reading Teen Bop (if they still have those), instead of a Dora shirt she'll be wearing Abercrombie and instead of having blankie by her side she'll have her cell phone! Aww... baby don't grow up just yet!! :)



And then Abbie came over and was very happy to play in Kenzie's bed with her....until they started fighting like 2 minutes later!



Unfortunately last night wasn't as good as the first....poor girl kept on falling off the bed! She didn't cry but we found her 2x on the floor and then the 3rd time she was hanging 1/2 way off the bed and then slowly fell to the floor and wanted to stay there! I brought her into bed with me after the 3rd fall....thank goodness it's only a toddler bed and not high off the floor! :)


Hoping for a better night tonight! :)


* * * *


And on Friday night Jeff made Kenzie one happy little girl when he put together her new big girl bike! She's been riding it ever since..


On Saturday we went to Levi & Abbie's birthday party! And of course Kenzie had to ride her bike! Well, actually this one is Abbie's bike...Jeannine had 2 so she gave the extra to Kenzie! :)


She goes so fast it's hard to get a clear picture of her!

She seems so old on her new bike....a lot older than when she's on her tricycle!

Well I guess it's time to face the fact that my baby is almost 3!!!

2 comments:

Justine said...

Wow she does look so much older on her big girl bike! No worries tho...3-5 are awesome! You are going to have so much fun with her as a preschooler! I'll let you know about 6 when it happens...hehe!

Emily said...

Congrats Kenzie! What a big girl you are! We love you!