Thursday, June 30, 2011

Summer So Far...

It's officially SUMMER! Yay! What's not to love about summer!?!? So far the summer started a little rough though! Jeff had another surgery yesterday! He has cancer again....another kind, completely unrelated to his Testicular Cancer he had 6 months ago! This time it's in his Thyroid Gland but again it's a VERY beatable cancer with great survival rates (like almost 100%!). So yesterday he went in and got his whole gland removed and he will need radiation to kill off any remaining cells. But so far he's recovering a lot quicker than from the previous surgery and now he's home and Kenzie & I are taking care of him! :)


We hope he recovers quickly b/c another thing we are doing this summer is....getting married! Woohoo! July 30 to be exact! It's going to be a tiny with just immediate family...we wish we could invite all our friends but we have to keep it small and simple! :)



So besides surgery & wedding planning we've had some fun here and there....

-We played with our shadows and took pictures of them!

-I took a picture of Kenzie's perfect curl in the middle of her forehead....it reminds me of the Mother Goose rhyme! :)
-I figured out how to keep Kenzie from falling off her bed in the middle of the night! I was looking through a catalog and saw a blow up pillow to go under a child's sheet to act as a bumper....but they were selling the pillow for like $40 so I took the idea and rolled up a blanket and stuffed it under her sheet....and she hasn't fallen off again!

-Kenzie made a cross out of her puzzle....she was so excited to show me!

-We had a picnic outside....which was horrible! haha...Kenzie complained the whole time about bugs on her, I dropped my pizza and a fly landed in my soda!


-We survived a flash flood! This happened within 15 minutes! So crazy how quickly it can happen!


-Kenzie decided to pass out right before shopping!

-Kenzie gave herself a manicure! I would have normally laughed at this but just 5-10 minutes before this I specifically told her not to get marker on her hands b/c the markers were not the washable kind and we were leaving soon...and I came back into the room to find this! hahaha...not bad actually...maybe she can do my nails for the wedding!?! :)

-Kenzie looked pretty modeling a dress Abuela bought her in Colombia!









-And lastly, we've had some fun playing in the kiddie pool! (love her big hair!)





1 comment:

Jen and Jared Watson said...

awwww how exciting you guys are getting married!!! That's going to be so fun! I bet Kenzie will love it. Sorry to hear about Jeff again, but it sounds like everything is already under control. So nice to hear! So much going on this Summer :)