Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Queens

A couple weeks ago we went to our friends' wedding in Queens. 
This was Kenzie's first time in a hotel....and boy was she excited!  It was so cute watching her run around the tiny room, looking in all the drawers, being excited about a trash can, telling us where we can look in the mirrors...she was beside herself when she found the Bible in a drawer!  :)  She kept "reading" it and then asked to take it with us when we walked to the corner deli to get sandwiches! :)

She had a rough time in the car...getting car sick again!  Yuck!  I usually bring a pal with us just in case, and go figure....the one time I forgot the poor girl got sick!  Lesson learned, always keep a pal or bag in the car and buy some children's motion sickness medicine next time!

Jeff was in the wedding so he left early which left us with a lot of time before the wedding...

A dentist's worst nightmare...teeth covered with sweedish fish!  She was more than happy to just leave her teeth covered like this! haha....don't worry I brushed her teeth very well after! :)
She loved watching the trains below! 
We stayed right in Long Island City so we had a nice view of the city! 
All fresh and clean...
I tried getting a picture of my belly :) 


Kenzie had so much fun at the wedding!!  
She wouldn't leave the dance floor!!
I didn't bring my camera, but our friend took this cute family picture of us!
It was a beautiful wedding...we all had a great time!
Kenzie & I left early...I knew it was time with Kenzie started closing her eyes during dinner! :)
This party girl crashed within 2 minutes in the car!  
I love the city at night!  
I do not miss the city much, but there is something about the city at night that I just love and miss!
The next day we met up with some friends for breakfast and had planned on taking Kenzie to Central Park.  
We quickly changed our minds when it was already like 100 degrees outside and not even 11am!  
So instead of Central Park we took Kenzie to a playground in Queens not too far from where we use to live!
We stayed for maybe 20 minutes....I was melting....Kenzie didn't seem phased at all with the heat!





On our way home we stopped by Jeff's family for a little visit! 
Kenzie loved seeing the Abuela's "pet".  Kenzie thought it was so cool that Jeff's mom feeds the deer! :) Despite living in a busy area Jeff's family have soo many deer around their house...Kenzie was super excited to see a mommy deer and her little baby when we were leaving!

Jeff's grandpa asked me to take his picture with the deer :)

1 comment:

Emily said...

I love the second pic...so cute!