Saturday, October 12, 2013

Lilley Farms

Last Sunday Jeff had the day off and we headed over to Lilley Farms for some Fall fun! 
This was my first time there (Makenzie went there last year as a field trip).
We enjoyed the nice weather and the short drive (5 minutes!).  
There wasn't too much going on...it's just a local farm that opens up for the public during the fall.  

We did enjoy a corn maze though...




...and a hayride out to the field to pick the perfect pumpkin

...and a tour of the barn!

and Makenzie's favorite a horse ride!  
She loved it!  
It was a whole lot better than those stingy pony rides at fairs 
that cost an arm and a leg to go in a circle once! 
The nice woman suggested that we put 'him' (Josie) up on the horse too!
She loved it! :)  
And looking back at these pictures I can't be too upset that she thought Josie was a "him".  
She does not keep bows or pony tails in these days and it drives me crazy!! :)
Makenzie and her huge pumpkin!


1 comment:

Justine said...

So fun...I love farms! That's awesome Kenzie got a real horse ride! I've been wanting to ride myself lately (I haven't rode since high school), there are lots of horse farms around here but they all charge at least $50 to ride! Not a cheap hobby:)