Thursday, January 30, 2014

Reading, writing, signs & notes...

Lately Makenzie has been a writing/reading fanatic!  
It's crazy to think that not too long ago she wasn't able to sound out words now that's all she does!  
Since I work in a library I'm always on the hunt for some good easy readers!  
I love to bring new books home and listen to her actually read them!  
She always so proud of herself when she sounds out the whole book without help!
And I have learned to be patient.
In the beginning I would tell Makenzie the word as she was sounding it out and she would get so mad at me.  but I am better now and she doesn't get mad at me as much! :)  

Makenzie has been on a sign/note writing kick....
Right now our home is covered in signs.
I love it.  

Here are some of Kenzie's signs/notes that she has made....

"I am sorry I am so grumpy" 
The grumpy has been smudged a bit.  
Makenzie wrote this one one morning after she got up on the wrong side of the bed! :)
 One of my favorites....
It's actually not a sign but oh so cute.
The other night she made Jeff upset....so she drew a picture of herself and daddy holding hands with a heart in the middle!  Melt. My. Heart!
She then gave it to Jeff to say she was sorry!
 She has learned that I can not say no to a cute little note...
"Please one more movie"
"please play with me"
Come on, how can I say no to that?!? :)
 The other day Josie pinched her fingers in a door...so Makenzie got to work making signs to hang near each door! 
If only Josie could read! :)

 This is the one Makenzie is the most proud of...
A few days ago she asked me how to spell minion (from Despicable Me) I told her I didn't know.  
So she sounded it out and came up with this...
I of course told her she was right.  
If it were a real word then I would have corrected her but minion?!? :)
She was so happy she asked if she could text daddy "mainyan".
Daddy was at work and pretty confused when he received the text! :)

2 comments:

Justine said...

Too cute...I love early reading and writing...such a fun stage! I was laughing out loud at the door signs for Josie! You know you are father of a 5 year old when you get unreadable texts with words like minion misspelled:)

Emily said...

These are adorable!