Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A day in the city

Jeff & I took Makenzie into Manhattan for the first time today! I have been limited to Queens for the last 2 months so it was nice going into the city! Let me tell ya, it's not too fun bringing a baby on the subway!! She slept through the noisy ride but we went home during rush hour and if anyone has every been on a Queens bound train at 5:30 in the afternoon you know there is no extra room for a baby stroller! Since the subway is underground we had to carry her stroller & car seat up never ending stairs! I have been wanting to go into the city but I've had to wait until Jeff was able to help with the baby. While I was pregnant I noticed many women with babies on the subway so I thought I'd be able to take Makenzie on a train by myself but I was wrong! I don't know how those women managed to carry their baby & a heavy diaper bag and push a stroller onto a crowed train then up a million flights of stairs (esp when no one would ever think to give you a seat on the train-even if they see you struggling with a baby!).
But anyway...it was a nice day. I went by my job and introduced Makenzie to my coworkers! Everyone loved her! We also stopped by where we both use to work (where we met!) and introduced her to everyone there too! Jeff's cousin Betty works in the city so she left her office for a few minutes to say hi to Makenzie! We spent the rest of the day in Central Park! Here are some pics....

Radio City
Central Park

I was very surprised to see this little guy just roaming around the park!

It was a perfect fall day



All smiles
Betty & Makenzie



Happy to be home after a long day...

1 comment:

ji said...

What great pictures!! It looked like such a fun day-It makes me sad that somebody would not give their seat up for you-how mean! Kenzie looks so cute in her dress!!! :)