Monday, November 23, 2009

Thankful

Oh, I'm so very thankful for our precious, healthy, beautiful baby girl....
(Last Thanksgiving)
I was just telling Jeff how much has changed since last Thanksgiving, and the Thanksgiving before that, and the Thanksgiving before that...
3 Thanksgivings ago I was in LA. I spent the day at a Brazilian restaurant with my coworkers and then went to the gym! Just proves how much has changed...I don't remember the last time I went to the gym and I would NEVER think to go on a holiday! I was miles away from home....
2 Thanksgivings ago Jeff & I had a very fun day. We were on the move all day...going to the Macy's Parade...drinks...dinner in NJ with Jeff's family...out until late! Definitely not a Thanksgiving I was use to and probably will never have another Thanksgiving like it, but it was perfect for us.
Last Thanksgivings Jeff & I wanted a very quiet day with our new little baby. I had to get up the next day at 3 AM to be at work (the joys of retail on Black Friday) so we wanted to stay in and enjoy at day with the family! Jeff's family came from Jersey and we had such a relaxing day...
This Thanksgiving we are spending the morning watching the Macy's Day parade from our living room (probably while chasing an energetic 1 year old around, "playing" with puzzles and most likely flipping back and forth from the parade to The Wiggles). We will head over to my sister's house in the afternoon to have dinner with my family. Our commute will be short (2 or 3 minutes maybe), no crazy holiday traffic in the city, no chaotic train stations, no running to catch a train at Jersey Transit...just a peaceful day with our little girl and my family, that we are so thankful for! (Of course, we are very thankful for Jeff's family too and we will miss them this Thanksgiving...we hope to see you guys very soon!! Kenzie can't wait to find out if she's going to have a new baby boy or girl cousin!!)

2 comments:

Jodee said...

Cute pictures of your adorable little girl!

I can relate -- I have barely exercised since the kids came along! It's funny how our priorities change! There is not enough time in the day!

Enjoy your relaxing Thanksgiving!

Justine said...

Wow...how things have changed! Great post Keeks! You've always gone with your heart and I think its served you very well indeed! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family:)