Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July Picnic

Well this 4th of July picnic is definitely one to remember!


Prior to this weekend Jeff realllllly pushed me to get my nails done. I complained and complained how expensive tips are and how they are a pain to keep up with and so on...the last time I got my nails done was back in Queens (before Kenzie) so it's been awhile and it was definitely random when Jeff requested my nails to be pretty for the 4th!

Well lets just say I was very happy that I listened to Jeff and got my nails done!

I did not know that he was planning to propose.....although everyone else did! Once in a while over the last month or so he would say something or something would happen and it would enter my mind but then I would let it go, not really thinking anything of it.


*I got a new camera for my birthday and Jeff was more excited than I was that it came before July 3rd for our picnic. I thought it was a little strange why he was so excited but didn't really think to much of it at the time.


*One time I was walking to my sister's house and our pastor drove by with his wife. They stopped to say hi and we spoke for a few minutes before they continued with their drive. When I got home I told Jeff that I saw them and he interrogated me like he was a detective. Jeff asked "what did he say? Did he ask you anything?" and so on...apparently our pastor knew Jeff was going to propose and Jeff feared that he thought Jeff did already and might have mentioned something! That was one thing I thought was really weird and I definitely knew something was up!


*The last thing that really sticks out is right before the proposal...I went in my uncle's house and Jeff was alone going through my mom's purse! Right away I asked him what he was doing and the only response that came to him was "I'm not stealing anything". Haha...Luckily for him I was busy with something else and didn't really pay attention, but thinking back now I realize how weird it was to see him rummaging through my mom's purse!! *FYI my mom was holding the ring for him in her purse-no,my fiance is not a clepto! :)
Jeff planned it out well....I went inside for a second and my brother-in-law was calling me, telling me to come outside b/c Kenzie had something in her hand. At first I was kind of annoyed and asked him "where is Jeff?" In my head I was like "why can't Jeff get whatever is in her hand?!?!"
When I got outside I looked for Kenzie and right away I saw a ring box and she actually opened it and handed me the ring!
And from there Jeff got on one knee and did his thing....and obviously I said yes! :)
****
The rest of the day was great! We swam, ate a lot, played Corn Hole, held some adorable babies :) and just had a really good day with my family!
Here is little Levi...
Here is baby Brayden! Seriously, how cute are these 2 babies!?! :)
The babies make Kenzie seem so old! :(





My oldest nephew and my mom playing Corn Hole....I love this game! :)
Sharing a snow cone!
Last year these 2 were the babies of the family....They have been replaced with these 2....

5 comments:

Nataly said...

Loved reading the whole littler story =) HAHA so cute yet funny. And the babies are sooo cute!

Katherine said...

Wish we could of been there. I was dying all day waiting for him to call when he did it, so I could find out your reaction. The babies are so adorable and so is my beautiful niece. Can't wait for the wedding and maybe a nephew lol

Justine said...

Def a day to remember! I love that Kenzie was involved too, that is so sweet! And the rummaging through your mom's purse thing is hilarious.

Emily said...

Great story! Isn't it funny when you think back at all the strange incidences? Again, we are so happy for you, Jeff, and Kenz. Love the pics and love you guys! Come visit soon!

Annie Jane Photography said...

That's an AWESOME story! Kudos to Jeff for being so creative!