Saturday, June 13, 2009

My new hobby!

I am very happy to write that I have a new hobby....well maybe it's more of an obsession. It seems like I eat, sleep & think about bows. When I am at work I surf the internet finding bow/clip ideas and buying supplies. When I am home I can't wait to go to Michael's or Walmart to buy new ribbon. When I am at the store I find myself lured to the ribbon section daydreaming about all the lovely bows I can make from all the pretty ribbon! I def do not consider myself a very crafty person but my best friend Justine inspired me to make my own bows since she has just recently started making her own bows for her daughter. I am very happy how the clips and korker bows turned out. Some of the bows in the pics were from my first batch of bows so they def aren't perfect but I have the whole summer to practice and get better!!


Even Makenzie got into the bow making fun!!

4 comments:

Emily said...

I love them! Can you make some for adults too?

The Riggs said...

They are so cute! You did a great job! I'm been wanting to try but I am severely lacking in the crafty department!!!

Justine said...

I love your bows Keeks! The small clips are adorable. Where did you get the appliques? I was just looking at buttons at Walmart to make ladybug/ butterfly clips...I had to stop myself though so I don't get carried away. I def can relate to getting lost in the craft aisle!
I saw patterns to make little sun dresses too and I want to learn how to sew now! We should go into business t/g and open a Children's boutique...all homemade stuff:) We could sell online, at local businesses and maybe someday have our own store! Now I wish I was a fashion/business major and not geography! LOL!
Okay sorry for rambling...this is a lil much for a blog comment!! I'm so serious though. I have a friend who does website design I can talk to and I have some start up money (wedding fund..hehe). We could just start with bows and go from there! You know just start small and see what happens! So ummmm fall collection? What are your ideas!!

Tracy said...

I love love love the bows!! They are so crafty!! :) I really want them for Elizabeth Taylor, do you think they will work? I hope so because I know she will look adorable in them!! And I really love love love Justine's idea about opening up a children's boutique...you know I'll be there every day :)