Saturday, February 6, 2010

18 Months!

DSC_0015

A year and a half! Really!?!? I can't believe tomorrow she will be closer to 2 than to 1! It feels like yesterday when I was planning her 1st birthday! The other day when I was at the bank a lady asked me "How old is she...1 1/2...2? I was so surprised she guessed that old! I still think of her as my baby that just turned 1!
Some fun things Kenzie's up to these days:
*will say "uh-oh" for almost anything! It can be a door that is not closed all the way, the ketchup bottle that does not have a cap on or a random guy with a beard in a grocery store-doesn't matter, it will get an "uh-oh"!
*will pose for picture and say "cheese" (on her own terms of course...not always when Mommy wants a cute pic!)
*Loves dogs...and will point across the street and say "doggie" (without the "g" sound) every time we go outside b/c she saw a dog over there 1 time!
*Kenzie's most common words: Mama, Da Da, Barney (pronounced Ba-eee...we hear it alllll day!), shoes, hat, bubble (one of my favorites to hear her say!), bird, baby, love you (another favorite of mine-it sounds nothing like it but it is sooo cute!), doggie, up, more,balloon, bye-bye, hi, wa-wa (water), no no, Abbie, Baby Bob....and blankie is just "ba"
DSC_0020

*4 teeth on top and 4 on the bottom....still no molars, which makes chewing food pretty hard!
*Will blow kisses to everyone...including strangers!
DSC_0016
*Loves books...her favorites at this time are: The Wheels on the Bus, ABC Book, Goodnight Moon, Moo Baa LaLaLa, Bubbles Bubbles
*Loves "Ring Around the Rosie"
*Loves to sing and dance to Barney and Wiggles....favorite songs: Mr. Sun, Mr. Knickerbocker, If all the Raindrops..., Rock a Bye Your Bear
DSC_0009
*Will still sign for a drink with her finger to her nose....I'm not too sure what the actual sign for drink is!
*Will be in bed around 6:35-6:45 and will wake up usually around 6 but in the past week or so she has slept in til 7!
*Will run and hide when she knows I have to change her diaper, get her dressed or put her coat on!

As always Jeff & I are loving every minute we get to spend with our little 18 month old and can't wait to see what 18-24 has to offer! :)

2 comments:

Emily said...

18 months...WOW! She is such a big girl! I heart the winter jacket.

Justine said...

I love her words...they make you realize how fun the world is to an 18 month old! Love the pics of her outside too, she looks so happy to be going for a walk!