Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving! It was a nice day filled with family and a lot of very yummy food! Kenzie had a great time playing with her cousins and wrestling with her 9 year old cousin Cody! I think we might have a little tomboy on our hands! She loves to play rough....you would think she had older brothers! Kenzie with a couple of her favorite people...Uncle Scott & Aunt Emily!
Big Baby Brayden! He is such a cutie...and so big...I kept on forgetting he is only 6 months old!



After all the Thanksgiving festivities my mom and I decided to head to Toys-R-Us for a little shopping! We have never shopped on Thanksgiving before and it's something that I will probably not do again! I personally hate that more and more stores are open on Thanksgiving but since Toys-R-Us opened at 10PM I thought Thanksgiving was practically over anyway so why not get a head start on the sales! I was not prepared for the line...we waited outside in freezing, cold & rainy weather for well over an hour (I'm sure that's not bad compared to what some people are willing to do for sales but I thought it was horrible!). After we finally got in we had to wait over another hour just to check out! Ahhh.....it might not have been worth the $25 I saved but at least Kenzie will wake up on Christmas morning to a doctor set, play-doh accessories and a choo choo train! :)
* * * *
These pictures are not from Thanksgiving but they are "turkey related" so I thought I'd throw them in this post. A few days ago Kenzie & I made paper turkeys! She was so excited...it was so cute! She laugh and squeal from excitement like it was Christmas morning! :) The body of the turkey was made from tracing her foot and the rest of the turkey was from tracing her hands. I want to do this craft every year to see how big the turkey gets from year to year!

3 comments:

Justine said...

I love the hand/foot turkeys..what a great idea! Tati spent Thanksgiving day playing w/ her 9 year old cousin too! They were playing rough and at bath time she showed me a huge welt on her belly from play fighting. She just shrugged it off like it was nothing! I'd say she's a tomboy but she loves a lot of girly things too!

Jodee said...

It looks like you had a great Thanksgiving! Cute pictures!

Emily said...

It was so nice to spend Thanksgiving with all of you! Love the pics, Kenzie's "hand-some" turkey and her cute little outfits!