Saturday, December 4, 2010

Holiday Weekend!

We had a wonderful weekend filled with lots of Christmas cheer! Well....Kenzie & I did...Jeff might be on the opposite end of the spectrum dealing with the crazy shoppers all weekend! He did get to enjoy some of the festivities though!

Friday night started our village's hometown holiday weekend. Almost right outside our door a big group of carolers walk through the town to the village tree. We loved it last year so I was so excited to do it again-it's just so Christmasy (I know that's not a word!). Our village plays Christmas songs at night through the loud speakers and on this night it was live Christmas music-even better! We caroled through the town and watched as the tree lights were lit! My sister & I joked how it seemed to be right out of a Christmas movie! I'm not sure if anyone has watched "One Magic Christmas" (from the early 80's) but the tree lighting was just like the one in the movie!

After the tree lighting we ate some cookies & hot cocoa and Kenzie had a lot of fun playing with her cousins!
On Saturday morning we took Kenzie to breakfast with Santa! She loves to talk about Santa and to watch him afar but not to keen on getting near him! She will ask to see Santa many times a day but is still very afraid of big guy! She did go talk to him but refused to sit near him even with mommy sitting next to her. She wasn't a fan of Santa but she was a big fan of the candy cane he gave her....it's in the next 6 pictures! :)
After breakfast Daddy had to go to work but our fun day continued at the library for crafts, cookies & a horse drawn wagon ride! She loved everything! She made her first homemade tree ornament and was very excited to show it to Daddy later in the day!
I didn't bring my camera but I did take 2 pics with my phone on the wagon ride!
After the library Kenzie was in such a good mood...she was just running around and rolling in the snow! It was so cute but it was very chilly so mean mommy had to end her fun and take her in for lunch & a nap! She wasn't too happy with mommy! :)
I think our "Hometown Holiday Weekend" is my new favorite weekend! I'm already excited for next year! :)

2 comments:

Justine said...

Sounds like you guys had so much fun. Greene is such a cute town!!

Emily said...

She is such a beautiful girl! Keep the pics and posts coming! Love seeing her smile daily:)