Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas 2010

Christmas morning started a little rough. Kenzie woke very early with a fever! We tried so hard to keep her healthy all week and she gets sick right on Christmas morning! She was up throughout the night but I didn't realize she was sick until a little before 5 AM. I gave her Tylenol and tried to get her back to sleep but she wasn't having it! She was pretty miserable at this point so I wanted to try to keep her in our bed watching tv until the medicine kicked in but she wasn't having that either! So we decided to start our Christmas morning at 5AM! I thought those crazy early hours wouldn't start for a few more years! :)
At first I was a little disappointed (well maybe more than a little disappointed...I might have had a little meltdown myself!) that she was sick and very cranky, our camcorder did not charge the night before, and when we turned on the train to show Kenzie-it didn't work properly! (We later fixed the train....I didn't set up the track correctly!) Within a few minutes Kenzie turned sweet again (after yelling at us not to take pictures! hehe).


Santa definitely did a good job! Kenzie's favorites from Santa....Weebles tree fort, choo choo train, doctor set and 2 tiny princesses from her stocking!
Around 11 my mom came over before she drove up to Syracuse and spoiled us with presents! Kenzie was feeling better by then and enjoyed unwrapping all her gifts! Kenzie's favorite from Grampy...Jesse doll (from Toy Story)! My favorite from Grampy....a new thermometer that takes a temperature in 3 seconds by swiping it quickly across the forehead! Fevers are not fun anytime but at least now I don't have to fight Kenzie to keep in under her armpit for 3+ minutes (which seems like eternity while it's being done!).


After my mom left we went over to my sister's house for an early dinner and to exchange gifts for the kids! We didn't stay too long because Kenzie was exhausted and not feeling well. Within minutes of coming home she fell asleep on the floor next to all her new toys! :)
It was another great Christmas....hope everyone had a great day too! :)

No comments: