Wednesday, April 24, 2013

6 months old

1/2 a year old! What!?!
Didn't I just find out I was pregnant with her!?!?
This time around it's going by wayyyy to fast...and I don't like it!  
I wish time would slow down just a little bit! :)  

Well like it or not little Miss Josie is 6 months old!  

Here is what she is up to....
As you will see Jo is getting to the age when it's hard to take pictures...she turns, she moves, she grabs, etc....and I know it will get harder as the months go on! :)
*she can roll over from belly to back with no problem.....back to belly is still a bit tricky.  Her heavy head weighs her down each time! :)  Her head is too heavy from being so smart I guess! :)
UPDATE: Just one day after posting this Josie starting rolling over non stop!  She must have read my post and was embarrassed! :)
*So far she's had baby cereal (rice & oatmeal), sweet potatoes, carrots, peas, bananas, applesauce, and peaches....she's not the best eater but so far she has done the best with PEAS!  I did not expect that!  

*Not sitting up on her own yet. We call her our "big pile of mush".  We sit her down and there is no support from her core!  She just flops every which way! :)

*Loves her mama...and dada!!  Last month she was a little weary about daddy but in the past month she just  loves to be around him!  Soooo cute how much she smiles when he gets home from work! :)  

*Horrible sleeper! haha!  I wish I was kidding, but I'm not!  She gets up every couple hours to nurse....just like a newborn!  

*No teeth yet but the doctor thinks she'll be getting some soon!  The doctor thought her gums felt hard!  Maybe this explains the no sleeping??  
*She's just starting to fit into some 9 month clothes (even some 6-12 that use to be Kenzie's).  Her 3-6 are getting pretty short/snug!

*Loves her Jumperoo (definitely her favorite "play thing") ....her activity mat comes in 2nd!

*Still sleeps in the Fisher Price Sleep 'N Play rocker.....but hopefully we will be transitioning to a crib soon!  At first I was dreading it but then again...how much worse can it be?  She already gets up all the time anyway, right?!?  

*Loves her sissy...she can just watch Makenzie all day long!  

*Loves being outside, going for walks, and swinging!  

*She will spit when she's upset.  She's our little llama! :)   One time as I was leaving the church nursery I saw the woman who was holding Josie wipe herself off with a tissue because she was covered with Josie spit!  hehe!

*Size 2 diaper although I think we will be moving up to 3 soon!
*Starting to get a little "testy" in the car!  Up until this point she was great in the car...but lately she's been crying!  Ugh!

*no teeth yet, but her doctor thinks they will come in soon...she said her gums felt hard! :)

*Still doesn't like the bottle!  And at this point who knows if she ever will!  (I'm sure it doesn't make it fun for Grammy when she's watching her! sorry Grammy!) 

Happy 1/2 year Josie Marie! We love you!

No comments: