Saturday, January 8, 2011

A New Year!

On New Year's Eve Jeff's sisters Kathy & Nataly, Nataly's boyfriend and baby Drake came up for a visit! Jeff's mom is in Colombia, so she didn't make the trip upstate (Kenzie missed you Abuela!). We were very excited for their visit, although it was too short! The week before we were pretty much housebound so we were pretty excited for some visitors. For those who don't know, Jeff had surgery on the Wednesday after Christmas. A few weeks back Jeff found a lump, he made an appointment with his doctor and she sent him to get an ultrasound. After the ultrasound his doctor called to schedule an appointment later in the day to discuss the results. Obviously, if a doctor can't tell you results over the phone then that's probably not a good sign. The doctor suspected he had Testicular Cancer. She then scheduled an appointment with an urologist. The urologist confirmed that the tumor is cancer and needs to come out. So, Jeff had surgery to remove the tumor and his testicle on Dec. 29. He's been recovering well but still in a lot of pain! We have yet to meet with an oncologist, but we do know from the internet that the cancer he has has a very high survival rate! On Thursday we will meet with an oncologist to discuss if Jeff will need chemo or radiation! So we are hoping on Thursday to have a lot more answers about his treatment and so on! Right now Kenzie & I have been taking care of Daddy and nursing him back to health! Kenzie has been so sweet taking care of Jeff! She'll ask if he's feeling better or how his boo boo is. This week I went back to work so Jeff was alone with her for the first time after surgery. When she woke up from a nap Kenzie said "no da da, don't pick me up...you hurt your booboo"...so sweet! She loves her daddy! :) (Mommy does too!! :) I hope we were great nurses daddy, we love you!! :)

* * * *
Kenzie was super excited to see Titi & Tia! She would ask me "titi/tia here yet?" over and over again! Here she is waiting patiently for their arrival!
We got to spend some time with this handsome guy!
Kenzie was a little out of her element. She was very tired...it was past her bedtime and she didn't take a nap during the day. She was very clingy and whiny but she was finally able to enjoy unwrapping her presents!!

Drake looks like he's having fun...I think Kenzie was a little too concerned he was going to get her present!
The next day I tried to get pictures of Kenzie & Drake....I managed to get a couple cute ones!

This one makes me laugh....Kenzie was not well behaved during their visit! In her defense, I believe she was very tired from lack of naps and going to bed very late (after 10:15 PM on New Year's Eve) and getting up early! In this picture I believe Drake was worried to have a his back turned towards Kenzie. I think Drake was thinking, "are you serious, you're gonna have me turn my back on this cranky, kicking, hitting, biting 2 year old! No way!" (I don't blame you Drake!) Come on...look at Kenzie's face...she's trying to intimidate the poor baby by an intense, evil stare!
I just couldn't stop taking pictures of this little guy...he's too cute!!!



We manged to stay up for the ball to drop and then quickly went to bed after! We were very happy to have Jeff's family over because if they weren't here we would have probably gone to bed a lot earlier! Although Jeff was in a lot of pain he was able to stay up and snack on some goodies with us!

We hope everyone had a great new years! :)

2 comments:

Justine said...

Happy New Year! I commented on your Christmas post a while ago and my computer crashed in the middle of my sentence. I just realized I never went back to comment again. Anyway, I was going to say I wanna play w/ Kenzie's new train! It looks like so much fun! I am glad to hear Jeff's surgery went well, he is lucky to have such pretty home nurses! I love the pic of Kenzie's evil stare! Drake is such a cutie...I love his eyes!

Emily said...

What cuties! Drake is getting so big! Happy New Year!