Sunday, March 17, 2013

Cereal!

The other day (March 8 for my memory) we gave Josie cereal for the first time!
I had intended on waiting a little longer to start solids, closer to 6 months, but we decided to give it a try.  
I don't know if I've blogged this or not, but this girl does not drink bottles! We tried different bottles, nipples, temperatures, positions  etc...It's crazy...she'll go 8+ hours drinking 1 1/2-2 ounces! I waited until she turned a month to give her her first bottle and she took it with no problem.  She even took a few more on different days after that.  I thought she was fine so I stopped giving her bottles for a month or so....until I went back to work!  She has refused the bottle ever since!  
She's a stubborn little on.  
She knows what she wants, that's for sure!  
She go throughout the whole day while I'm at work eating only an ounce or two, but will chow down when mommy gets home! :)  Luckily, I only work a couple days a week!  
While it's cute that she loves to nurse, it also means she has started to get up a lot more throughout the night!  
I guess her body needs the calories she misses throughout the day so she'll make for it at night!  
If anyone has any advice feel free to leave a comment! :)

So anyway, hopefully she will like the cereal so my mom can at least feed her something while I'm at work!   





Overall, she did well for the first time!
She spit most of it out but she didn't cry....so that means she likes it right? :)
I've fed her more since and she gets better each time.  So I think she likes it! :)

1 comment:

Emily said...

Oh geesh! Not a fan of the bottle?! Well she loves her Mama so maybe that's when she wants her "Mommy- Time." It took me a few hundred bottles before Brayden actually found one her preferred(he also didn't have a choice so if he was hungry he HAD to take a bottle:). Well I wish you luck with that! Hopefully she will learn to like one soon:)