Monday, September 10, 2012

1st Day of School

The first day of school was a success!  

I was very nervous about how Kenzie would be....throughout the summer when we would ask her about school she would usually say something like "I'm not going".  The day before we had "meet the teacher" which seemed to help a lot!  While I was getting her ready of her first day she seemed pretty nervous and wasn't too thrilled with the idea of going to school.  And, she had a breakdown an hour before we left b/c there was a misunderstanding about gymnastics.  I had asked her if she wanted to sign up for gymnastics again and she thought we were going to gymnastics right then instead of school!  Ooops!  After about 15 minutes of crying my mom came over with Levi to see Makenzie before we left and that seemed to completely change her mood!  

She was very happy to pose for pictures and seemed excited to leave for school!  

 (she wanted a picture with Levi)  


 Just like the day before...all these poses were all her idea! :)
I wasn't complaining! 


 Once we were at school she wasn't clingy at all!  
She wanted us to help her hang her back pack and that was it....
She found a table of blocks and she was fine! 
No tears, no clingy-ness! :)  
She happily gave us kisses goodbye and she was fine on her own!
(at this point she told me to put my camera away! I can't believe how much I embarrass her...she's only 4!  Jeepers!) 

After school she was so excited...and we loved hearing about her day!  The next day she rode the bus home for the first time and was beyond excited to be on the "dog" bus!  In fact, she would rather ride the bus than have mommy & daddy bring her in!  :)  

On Friday night I told her that she wouldn't have school the next two days. She responded with "Ahh...but I'm so bored, I love school!" 

I'm so happy our little baby loves school (makes it a lot less sad for mommy!! :)

No comments: