Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Josie's 1st...

Broken bone! :(
Our poor little baby broke her wrist the day before Thanksgiving! 
On Wednesday morning she was in Kenzie's room playing with her cousins..
I was in the other room and heard her crying...
My mom was over and asked who was crying and I said "Josie, but I can tell it's a fake cry"...
now I feel so bad thinking about it now! 
She casually walked out to the living room and then I noticed real tears, but at that point I still didn't think it was anything serious.  
She wanted to be comforted so I held her awhile and then my mom held her awhile and she held her wrist the entire time..and just kept saying "ow" and "boo boo" and she refused to move her arm.
I started getting concerned when she refused candy when I tried to have her take it with her hurt hand.  :(  And at that point it already started to swell.  

So I just knew she broke a bone! So I started to get ready to take her to the walk-in.....
Once we were at the walk-in she acted so sad...usually she's running around loving life but she just sat and held her wrist.  

After a couple of hours and a few x-rays later it was confirmed that she did in fact brake a bone in her wrist.  Same type of fracture and same hand that big sister broke 2 years before!  So they sent us home with a splint and an appointment with the orthopedic surgeon on Friday.  

Kennie was so sweet to her when we got home.  
She kissed her, snuggled with her and made sure she had everything she needed...
(that lasted 15 minutes) ;)
On Friday they took off the splint and gave her a cast. 
A hot pink cast to be exact! :)  
Josie was so good during her appt..she sat there and let them put on the cast without a peep!  
Such a brave girl!
I was only expecting a small little cast to cover her wrist so I was pretty bummed when the doctor told me that he needed to be up past her elbow!
The doctor has seen little kids slide their casts off their hand so by putting it above her elbow prevents her from doing so.  
Josie doesn't seemed phased one bit by her cast! 
She acts like it's just part of her now! hehe :)
I on the other hand got hit in the face with it yesterday so I'm not a huge fan of it! 
4 more weeks to go!  She gets it off 12/31! 

No comments: