Thursday, December 10, 2009

16 months is fun!

Jeff & I are loving this age! Kenzie is so much fun these days!

I wanted to post a few things she's doing at this age otherwise I'm sure I'll forget....

**Loves to play hide & seek and will hide in the same spot every time!

**Just discovered she can pick her own nose....and does it frequently! hehe

**LOVES Barney & The Wiggles!

**She's an early bird and continues to get up earlier each day....today it was 5:00 and for 20 minutes straight she called for "MAMA"!

**Between only having 4 1/2 teeth, being a very picky eater and having a milk allergy there's only a few things (other than cookies and sweets) that she will eat! Her favorites at this moment are: pizza (without the cheese), bagels, Vanilla Soy yogurt, & lasagna...

**Does not enjoy shopping....my mom & I have tried numerous times to take her shopping but each time we end up regretting it!

**Loves her cousins and will scream when she sees them!

**LOVES picking out toe fuzz (from socks)!! I know she will be embarrassed about this one day but I have to share....one day she found a chewed up piece of chicken under her high chair and must have thought it was toe fuzz...b/c the next thing I knew she sat down, lifted up her foot, spread her toes and placed the chewed up chicken in between her toes! HAHA! She even shares her toe fuzz with Mommy & Daddy....she will pick it out and give us pieces! Aww..she has know idea that it's yucky! :)

**Loves throwing garbage in the trash! She will pick up tiny crumbs off the floor and go back and forth to the garbage.
**She still loves blankie and will carry it around all day. She will stuff blankie in her stroller and push it around and will stuff blankie in a pal and carry it around like a purse. So cute!
**Loves books....I feel guiltily if I don't read her 7 or 8 before bed....which makes for a very long bed routine!

**Loves feeding her dolls ba ba's (bottles) She will lay her dolls on her toy box and will take turns feeding them!

I can't believe that in 2 short months our baby will be 18 months! 18 months sounds so old to me! I remember when Kenzie was a newborn and other moms would tell me that they an 18 month old I would think that 18 months is so old! I could not relate b/c to me they did not have a baby they had a little kid! Now I'm the mom looking at these little tiny babies with my 20 pound toddler on my hip...where do the baby months go!?! Come Spring, Kenzie's going to seem ancient...Kenzie has 3 new cousins on the way! 3! All due a month apart! Jeff's sister, Kathy is expecting her first -she's due April 9. My brother and sister-in-law, Emily, are due May 19 also with their first. Lastly, my sister Jeannine is expecting her 4th on June 30! We can't wait to meet the new babies of the family!

1 comment:

Justine said...

She is such a blessing:) The toe fuzz thing is so funny! That's really neat about all her new cousins too...I wouldn't be surprised if she starts asking you for a sibling this summer!