Sunday, December 6, 2009

Village tree & Breakfast with Santa!

Friday night our town lit the village Christmas tree. It was such a cute night...right out of a Christmas movie! We live right in the village and on the village loud speakers they play Christmas music...it is so nice to walk outside our door and hear Christmas music! On Friday the town had live music playing on the speakers extra loud, we could actually hear it from Kenzie's room! We looked outside and saw a huge parade of people walking towards the tree singing to the music! As we were rushing out the door I had to go back b/c I forgot my camera...and Jeff yelled "OMG we are going to miss the parade!!!" I thought I was going to have to drag him there but instead he was actually excited to go and got upset thinking that we were going to miss the big event!

Kenzie seemed to enjoy herself despite the of lack of excitement on her face in this picture...Her face lit up when she saw the Christmas cookies after the lighting!

On Saturday morning we went to eat breakfast with Santa!! I'm sure this year I am a lot more excited to go to these events than Kenzie but hopefully by next year she'll like them more! We tried to get a picture with Santa but she was not having it!! As soon as I got her close to him she clung on to me and shook her head no! (I tried again later that day at the mall and today at Walmart but she's definitely not feelin' Santa this year!) She did wave and blow the big guy a kiss!

I think the highlight of Kenzie's breakfast was seeing her cousins! When she saw them walk through the door she screamed! So cute...but I wish she could show Santa that same excitement! :)

2 comments:

Emily said...

Love it! So jealous "The Stanch" doesn't have a tree! We do have "LALA Land" which is interesting, you will have to visit next time you are here!ha KISSES to KENZ!

Justine said...

Don't you love that kids give us the excuse to do all this fun holiday stuff:)