Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Holiday Weekend

I love our village's holiday weekend!  
It's seriously so much fun....a great way to get into the Christmas spirit!  

We started our weekend off on Friday...I picked Kenzie up from school early b/c she had her final visit with the orthopedist.  He said her wrist looks great and he will no longer have to see her!  Yay!  Kenzie was very happy to see her spilt go...not as happy as mommy was to see her cast go though! :)   

Friday night Jeff stayed home with Josie while Makenzie & I went to the tree lighting. It was the cutest thing listening to Kenzie sing the Christmas carols as we walked through town!  After the lighting we enjoyed some yummy hot chocolate & cookies before heading home! :) 

On Saturday we got up early to have breakfast with Santa! :)  



This is Makenzie's first time sitting next to Santa 
(except her first Christmas when she was too young to even know what was going on!)
She's growing up....and of course it's Josie's first time with Santa too!
 After BWS we were going to go to a church for Christmas crafts like we did last year, but unfortuanatly we had the wrong day...crafts were last weekend!  Boo!  But the library was having crafts too so we headed over there for some fun!   

 Abbie was refusing to look at the camera so Makenzie was holding her head!  
I'm sure Abbie loved that! :)

 She had to see Santa one more time! :)  
 I think this was about the time she got annoyed with me for taking pictures...  
This little one was very good...she stayed in her carseat the whole time and let mommy and Kenzie have some fun...
 ....she even decided to take a little nap despite the crazy noise and crowd!  
 And of course we had to take our annual stroll around the town in the horse drawn sleigh....
our village is seriously too cute! :)
On Sunday we started off at church....

 ....and came home to play with the Christmas train!  
Kenzie had to change into her "Santa dress"!
I can see this dress is becoming her December uniform!  She was so excited to wear it to breakfast with Santa...she didn't even want to take it off at bedtime!  
Yesterday she asked to wear it to school to show all her friends! :)  
I told her I had to wash it first....when I was putting her to bed tonight she asked me if I did laundry today b/c she wants to wear it! :)  
Thanks Tati for this great hand-me-down!  :)
 ....and we finished the weekend with baths and getting ready for school the next day! :)

1 comment:

Justine said...

I love small town Christmases too! Oneonta does lots of fun things too...I don't remember stuff like that in Goshen though, I think we lucked out with our small towns! Josie is so much more animated these days...I can't wait to see her again. Loved the Christmas card! I'm glad Kenzie loves her "Santa Dress"...too cute!